Friday, August 5, 2016

Five for Friday August 5, 2016

 Thanks, Doodle Bugs Teaching for another great Five for Friday!
 I am so lucky to have wonderful sisters!
My sister Jo and I took a wonderful trip to Boston.
She lives in Wisconsin and I'm in Colorado. We don't get to see each other often. So we met in Boston.
We had such a blast!
The history there is unreal (I wish I had paid attention better to my history classes in high school...).
Here I am on the Freedom Walk that led us all around town, where we could stop at historical landmarks.  
Normally, American History isn't that funny, but we managed to giggle for 5 straight days!
Oh my gosh. We laughed so hard when we saw this unexpected photobomber in this picture!
(Jo on the right)

 I have a shiny, new set of 11 Class Rules Posters and Matching Student Activity Sheets that I'm excited about and just blogged about.
Read all about it HERE.

 So my "baby" just turned 21! 
Soon he goes back to the east coast to school and I won't get to see him until Christmas.
Sniff sniff.
Love having my boys home in the summer!
 I LOVE our 1st grade Number of the Day pack that we use throughout the year!
We start with day 1 and go through day 160.
Every 20 days, the skills increase in rigor, based on 1st grade math skills.
We staple them into 20 page packets, and after 20 days, they get a new packet.
2-5 minutes a day is all it takes, and you would not believe
the growth our students make in math with the daily repetition of essential math skills!



So, like you, I'll be in my classroom soon getting it spiffed up for the new year!
I can't wait to hear about your adventures this year and share some of mine.
Have a wonderful weekend, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow my blog or follow me on Bloglovin' (See icon above on the right.) and "SAVE" this post on Bloglovin'!

Click on Doodle Bugs to see what other great bloggers are up to.

4 comments:

  1. I love Boston too! And I had the same reaction the first time I visited - why didn't I pay better attention when I was supposed to! It is a really cool city. So glad you got to go on this trip with your sister - those are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Have a wonderful school year!
      ~Joyce

      Delete
  2. Boston is a beautiful city. I haven't been there for years. Traveling is so much fun.

    Sue
    The Very Busy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue!
      Oh, we had so much fun together! I think we could have been anywhere, really. But Boston was a blast and so fascinating! Thanks for visiting. I'm on my way to check out your blog.
      Joyce

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...