Thursday, May 12, 2016

Five for Friday May 13, 2016

Thanks, Doodle Bugs Teaching for another great Five for Friday!

 So last week we finished our Houghton Mifflin Curriculum for the year.
Now comes the real fun!
Our 2 hour block of reading is filled with fun ways to apply our amazing reading skills.

First up... Reader's Theater! 
Oh my gosh, did they have fun!
First, I read the books that the Reader's Theaters were adopted from.
Then I highlighted the parts on each script and distributed to students.
They practiced.
 And practiced a little more...
And performed! What joy!
Choose from these Reader's Theaters:

Check out all 5 Reader's Theater Scripts HERE!
 Another way my students applied their reading skills this week was a solid 45 minutes of reading BIG Books! 
Those BIG Books that were off limits all year long were now available for everyone to lie down on the carpet and READ! OMG! 
I heard, "Really??"
"NO WAY!"
They could barely stand it.
And this is why I make it so special and wait for the end of the year...


This is so exciting! I am proud to be one of the stores in a Rafflecopter giveaway!

The Giveaway runs Thursday, May 12-Sunday, May 15.

Easy Peasy and totally painless:
Just click above Rafflecopter Giveaway link and enter!
The more stores you follow, the more chances you have to win!
Winners can choose products from any of the above stores. I have 154 products to choose from, and you can select a product that is up to $10 so check it out!

Go to English! Oh My! to see more details.

Do you sell on TpT?
Have you checked out Teachers Love Data website?
If you want to know your ranking on TpT or analyze your sales data with informative charts and graphs, this is a great site! I check it weekly to track my progress.

My youngest comes home from college tonight! I haven't seen him since Christmas, so
I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Have a great Friday the 13th and a wonderful weekend!

Let me know what your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow my blog or follow me on Bloglovin' (See icon above on the right.) and "SAVE" this post on Bloglovin'!

Click on Doodle Bugs to see what other great bloggers are up to.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your dedication and enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kara! It's easy when I have students like yours! I can't tell you how much I will miss him.
      Joyce

      Delete
  2. They are really into those Big Books! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Reader's Theatre!!! And so do the kids. They have fun while working on their oral fluency!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...